Forums › Fitness Forum › Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 year, 10 months ago by meredithhanson1.
May 10, 2021 at 8:08 pm #103416meredithhanson1Participant
Here is the link:
I have listed everything below in case the link doesn’t work for anyone.
7 tbsp (just shy of ½ cup) dairy free butter or coconut oil, softened
⅔ cup light brown sugar or coconut sugar (I prefer light brown)
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups fine blanched almond flour (not meal)
1 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
⅔ cup chocolate chips
1. Add the butter or oil to a mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer. If it was previously in the fridge, just stick it in the microwave to soften for about 15 seconds.
2. Add in the sugar and beat with the butter until well combined, about 30 seconds.
3. Beat in the egg and the vanilla until the egg is completely broken up.
4. Beat in all remaining ingredients aside from the chocolate chips, making sure to spoon and level the flour into the measuring cup, don’t scoop right from the bag.
5. Beat until combined.
6. Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon until evenly incorporated.
7. Add the dough to the fridge for 20 minutes. This ensures the cookies don’t spread flat while baking. The temperature of the butter is really important with cookies!
8. While you wait, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. After 20 minutes, use a medium cookie scoop and scoop the dough into roughly 1 ½ tbsp balls, but do not flatten.
10. Bake for 13-18 minutes, 15 is perfect in my oven if you want soft centers but a very slight crisp on the edge.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool as is for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.